Director Level Positions
- Provides long term vision and 5 year planning for Refining's environmental initiatives while ensuring integration with Corporate EH&S plan.
- Directs necessary processes to ensure prioritization of Refining environmental initiatives contained within the 5 year plan.
- Develops a balanced scorecard of environmental metrics to evaluate effectiveness of program management as well as performance.
- Assists in establishing and managing operating and capital budgets related to Environmental Regulatory issues.
- Directs development of corporate management systems (standards & procedures) for environmental for all refineries.
- Ensures uniform implementation of environmental regulations throughout .
- Assists both Corporate and imbedded Environmental, Health and Safety in tracking new regulatory requirements and assessing impact on corporation.
- Dotted-line supervision of Environmental Managers at local refineries.
- Manages site level reviews/audits necessary to ensure processes are in place to provide compliance assurance as well and continuous improvement in environmental.
- Coordinates Green House Gases (GHG) program, manages refining environmental liability accruals/reserves.
- Develops and implements career development and succession plans for technical and management employees within Refining Environmental.
- Manages analysis and dissemination of Environmental incident data .
- Responds to emergencies or high profile events to assist in incident analysis or agency investigations.
- Serves as member of Corporate Crisis Management team.
- Communicates clearly and concisely to employees, contractors, members of the public and executive management on critical refining environmental issues.
- Serves as Corporate representative to National Petrochemical and Refiners Association (NPRA) Environmental Committee.
Education and Experience
Minimum undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related technical discipline or equivalent experience typically required.
Minimum 10 years experience managing comprehensive environmental programs typically required.
Prioritizes, manages, and executes work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Be available for travel, and work during nights, weekends.
Travels to remote locations to perform program assessments and compliance audits.
Strong collaboration skills.
MUST HAVE : Fuel Refining Experience