EnergyEHS blog lists Environmental, Health, and Safety Jobs that Charter Search is actively Recruiting. We will also give current News Feeds and Relevant Energy Topics and Information.
(832) 264-7200 cell
www.shaleplayusa.com (coming soon)
www.energyehs.com ( coming soon)
Implementation of programs, policies, procedures and processes in support of the Company's environmental strategies, including but not limited to: waste, water and air pollution control,
Environmental management systems.
Water Related Environmental Compliance with regulation, legislation, will be a significant focus for this position.
This Person will be asked to perform Vendor Selection including RFQ, RFP to source a Environmental Quality/Permitting, Tracking Software for Design and Implementation of a Corporate Water compliance and Permitting System Structure to be followed Nationwide.
This position will also provide leadership and technical direction to other less experienced personnel. Due to the matrix nature of the organization direct authority is not always available; therefore, this position requires excellent interpersonal skills that may be needed for influencing others.
• Providing training, auditing, and expert technical advice to the business.
• Developing training and associated materials as needed to ensure compliance.
• Reading and interpretation of data, standards, codes and regulations and providing processes to comply with them.
• Maintaining professional knowledge of a wide variety of environmental regulations and issues, as well as proposed changes.
• Developing new programs and making improvements to management systems as required in response to changes necessitated by business markets and clients.
• Facilitation and leadership of focused teams is likely, as is interface at all organizational levels and with clients and regulatory agencies
• Willingness to understand and expand skills with respect to Safety and Occupational Health
This position will meet the following:
• 5 to 8 years of experience working with environmental programs and/or permitting are required, however 6+ years of experience with 3 years leading/coordinating specific environmental programs is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree (preferred) in Environmental field (preferred).
• Environmental certification - REM (preferred)
• Ability to effectively monitor and ensure compliance to 100% of HSE programs and policies
• Proficient communication in the common language
• Proficient presentation skills
• Ability to document
• Becoming proficient in HSE databases
• Ability to read and interpret policies and programs
• Ability to coordinate meetings and training
• Ability to coordinate others in Environmental matters
• Computer literate
• Functional knowledge of IMPACT, FormR, Tier II, STEERS, and other relevant web based software
• Technical knowledge on environmental regulations such as RCRA, CAA, CWA (SWP3, SPCC). Also general knowledge is required for other Environmental regulations and legislation. An example of this would be air emissions that do not arise from an engine.
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Proficient use of MS Office suite, especially MS Project.
• Be physically capable of visiting and auditing field locations in North America, including sites where H2S has the potential to be present.